So President Obama finds it remarkable that he’s been mistaken for a valet driver and a waiter.
I have some questions for my readers:
- Is there anyone who hasn’t been mistaken for a driver, a Home Depot associate or something of the sort?
- When this has happened to you, have you felt terribly insulted by it?
- Do you feel that casual strangers owe you more respect than they owe to a valet driver or a waiter?
- Do you feel that your social or occupational status is so great that it should be immediately visible to casual strangers that you are not employed as a valet driver or a waiter?
- If you answered yes to the previous question, have you sought professional help?